Although Rick’s Recycling accepts many forms of scrap metals, there are a few items that we are unable to take for legal, governmental, and/or company policies. We reserve the right to refuse any material that we believe has the potential to be harmful in any way to our environment or may jeopardize the health and safety of our customers, employees, facility or equipment.
Because of these reasons, Rick’s Recycling will not accept the following items:
PENNSYLVANIA SCRAP MATERIAL THEFT PREVENTION ACT 79
A scrap processor and recycling facility operator may purchase the following scrap material only if the purchase occurs with a
(1) New production scrap or new materials that are a part of a manufacturing process that are being sold by an
individual, not a company.
(2) Full sized, new materials, such as those used in construction, or equipment and tools used by contractors.
(3) Commercial metal property.
(4) Metallic wire that has been burned in whole or in part to remove insulation, unless the aggregate value is less than
(5) Beer kegs.
(6) Detached catalytic converters.
(7) Railroad materials.